DC Dance Collective's Mission
The Mission of DC Dance Collective is to make dance available to everyone, regardless of social or economic status, age, gender, or artistic or cultural background, and to establish a studio atmosphere in which students and instructors have artistic choices, share in the artistic process, and learn the value of artistic expression.
DC Dance Collective strives to provide opportunities for everyone to experience dance through a variety of different programs. These include, but are not limited to:
- Our Work Exchange Program, which provides dance classes in exchange for time worked as a front desk assistant
- Our Resident Companies, which perform at both studio sponsored events, benefits and elsewhere, many times pro bono
- Outreach Programs and performances, such as the Thomson Elementary School Project and the Children's Hospital sponsered Get Tough Program
- Workshops with sister studios abroad, such as Ecole de Danse Desha/Simone Moulin
- Performances that raise money for our scholarship fund, such as the Collaborative Arts Festival